User Program - While at the Beamline - MEDM
MEDM is the EPICS interface for low-level control of beamline motors
MEDM is started by typing "23i" for ID-D or "23o" for ID-B in a terminal window.
The MEDM interface main menu will appear.
On the MOTION menu item select the desired device
- Place the YAG crystal on the magnetic base vertically and in field of view of the High Resolution camera.
- Visually align crosshairs in High Resolution camera by moving Beam delivery Horizontal and Vertical to move the camera support to bring the crosshairs to the image of the beam.
- Remember hole in High Resolution camera will obscure the image at magnifications ~ 1.8 or less!
- Center the alignment pin to establish rotation axis position High Resolution camera.
- Move Goniometer Vertical to place the center of rotation at the crosshairs on the High Resolution camera.
- Scan GS slits in V and H to center slits on beam
- Attenuate and expose 0.1 second w/o sample to find any beam leak around beamstop
- Adjust BS as needed to eliminate leak
Content questions and comments: Craig Ogata